Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Girl Who Silenced The World For 5 Minutes

http://front.moveon.org/the-girl-who-silenced-the-world-for-5-minutes

While doing my usual morning Facebook check-in, I came upon this, posted by a high school friend. I was transfixed.

Before I saw it, I had thought of doing a post with some light, flippant humor, but this young girl's words have taken center stage.

Her message is all the more reason our generation needs to stick around and continue to mobilize. When I have heard the despair of a youngster, it breaks my heart. So what ARE we going to do for our grandchildren? Even as we worry that the future generations won't have a standard of living comparable to ours, what good is it if they won't have a habitable planet? It's given me something to ponder today.
Post a Comment