Thursday, May 10, 2012

I'M QUITTING TV FOR 30 DAYS, AS OF NOW!

There! I made that declaration, to hold myself accountable, and have you all help me with this!

I've thought about this for a while. While I honestly thought I'd been discriminating about the type and amount of viewing I've done (thanks, DVR!), I know I could do better.

After coming home from challenging work, it's been too easy, of late, to plop down on the sofa with Tiggy, and even--for shame--drift off to sleep while having my mind in neutral. Time to actually go to bed when it's time.

What to do with the freed-up time (when I'm not doing housework, seeing clients, or teaching)?

- Catching up on my reading, taking my relationship to my local libraries to "the next
level," and reporting to my fellow goodreads.com users
- Finishing the writing projects I thought would be completed two months ago
- Blogging more thoughtfully and creatively
- Making myself available for clients who would want to contact me via Skype(theravive.com)
- Finding more stimulating ways to converse to Mom (and maybe wean her off those damned
"I Love Lucy" reruns. Even she admits she's seen each one "a zillion times.")
- Inviting long-neglected friends over, now that summer's approaching
- Cook more, especially with that delightful quinoa I've just begun using


So, while I hope not to experience any withdrawal symptoms here, I just want to be more mindful about how I spend my evening hours. I'd like to check in and report how my "recovery" actually goes.

Starting...now!






Post a Comment