Saturday, September 14, 2013

Random Thoughts at Summer's End

Bogo is Here! Buy one, get a second item of equal or lesser value for half price at FamousFootwear.com!

I find myself slightly melancholy this morning. Eight days from today will be the official start of fall. Where did summer go when I blinked? Indeed, what about 2013?

Don't get me wrong. We are actually heading into my favorite part of the year. Cooler temperatures mean I can break out my deeper-hued clothes again, like the velour shirts I like to wear so much.

And even though our family holiday festivities will be scaled back this year, they still remind me of what's important -- family ties, home. Still, as I see Halloween stuff making its way into the stores (actually, the incursion started around Labor Day), I want to call out, "Hey, Time, wait up! I'm moving slower these days. Don't leave me behind."

I've got to get to my 1972 high school class get-together on October 12. Somehow, I feel a frantic need to see everyone, and don't ask me what all that's about. In my business, I spend my days and evenings trying to help others make sense of their lives. All I want to do is be silly.

The recent bouts of insomnia have been a blessing. I think I'm going to use them to catch up on those writing projects with which everyday life has interfered, including the one I began around the time of the high school reunion, which has been a labor of love.

I have a fear of having too many undone projects being found by my family whenever I pass away. To not achieve one's dreams is a sad thing.






Bogo is Here! Buy one, get a second item of equal or lesser value for half price at FamousFootwear.com!
Post a Comment